GRAPHIC DESIGNER (MATERNITY COVER)
|Job Title: Graphic Designer
|Report To: Studio Manager & Managing Director
|Location Base: Hybrid
3 days in Bardwell, 2 days WFH
Toolbox Marketing provides insight-driven strategic and creative solutions to retail & leisure property and placemaking challenges. We think outside the (tool)box to hit the nail on the head.
Our work ranges from the serious business of strategic planning and brand repositioning – to the magic of creating emotionally engaging communications that make people want to shop, dine, and play.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative, forward-thinking Graphic Designer to cover Maternity leave for a minimum of 1 year from April 2024, with the chance of a permanent position at the end subject to the business needs.
As Graphic Designer at Toolbox Marketing, your primary responsibility is to create visual communications to convey messages in an effective and aesthetically pleasing manner for our clients – shopping centres, retail parks, leisure locations, events, festivals, and more.
You will need to harness great working relationships across all teams, working alongside the Account Management, Content, and Digital teams, and being responsible for creating designs for both on and off-line, for B2C and B2B audiences.
You will be highly creative, an excellent communicator, a master of time management, and ensure that all deadlines are met, delivering within budget. You will be required to juggle multiple tasks for multiple clients. No 2 days are the same.
You should ensure all work undertaken on behalf of Toolbox Marketing is delivered to a high standard with high attention to detail. You will be required to create innovative and inspirational designs that drive customer engagement whether viewing our brand/client brands on desktop, mobile, app, or in print.
- Developing concepts, graphics, and layouts from concept to completion for example, but not limited to:
Posters, signage, social media, websites, eflyers, brochures & leaflets, logos, annual reports, media, video and other communication materials
- Create these materials by using Adobe’s Creative Suite – including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and more.
- Meet or liaise directly with clients to gain an understanding of what they want their proposed communications to look like.
- Produce drafts for review and make revisions based on the feedback received from the Account Manager and client.
- Review the final artwork and submit it to the relevant person or company for upload, print, or production.
- Proof checking.
- Liaising with external printers regularly to ensure deadlines are met and material is printed to the highest quality.
- Partaking in company-wide brainstorms and pitching creative ideas that enhance projects both internally and directly to clients.
- Become a brand guardian for our client’s brands.
What you can bring to us:
For Toolbox Marketing:
- Standards – Ensuring all work undertaken on behalf of Toolbox Marketing is delivered to a high standard.
- Time Management – Managing your time and input for all projects undertaken in relation to the budget and/or hours quoted.
- Communication – Work closely and communicate effectively and efficiently with other departments within the business to ensure an integrated and effective approach to all creative requirements – account management, content, and digital.
For our Clients:
- Capable of juggling multiple projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail.
- Ability to develop and maintain a positive working relationship with staff, clients, and suppliers.
- Proven flair for graphic design and understanding consumer behaviour.
- Exceptional creative skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to multi-task
- Highly enthusiastic
- Honest and trustworthy
- Proven experience working as a Graphic Designer or similar/relevant role, preferably experience of agency life or working with multiple brands for a minimum of 1 year.
- Knowledge of and experience using Adobe’s Creative Suite.
- Driving licence and car to easily travel to the remote location of our office.
What do we offer?
- Hybrid working – 3 days in the office, 2 days at home
- Learning and Development plan – bespoke to you with funding allowance from us
- 25 days paid holiday – plus Bank Holidays and your Birthday off too!
- Modern office – stocked with refreshments and snacks
- Stakeholder pension after 3 months (if meeting legal criteria)
- ESG initiatives – we’re a team of do-gooders!
- Social events
- Finish at 4pm Fri-Yays!
- Flu jabs and eye tests paid for by the company
- Performance-based commission and bonus structure
Start date: April 2024